Whether you’re planning the office holiday party or an all-day in-service training event, it’s important that you feed your people—and one of the simplest ways to do that is to bring in a corporate caterer.
As you seek the right catering company for your office event, however, it’s important to do your due diligence. Here are a few questions to ask before you finalize your catering decision.
What to Ask Your Potential Caterer
- Can you provide menu options to accommodate different dietary needs? In particular, ask about vegan and gluten-free options, which are increasingly important and sought-after.
- Are themed menus available? You may want a menu that’s aligned with the theme of your party. Make sure the catering company can accommodate!
- Do you have testimonials or references available? A good catering company won’t hesitate to let you speak with previous customers and make sure they were happy with the service they received.
- What about wait staff/tables/chairs/plates/silverware/etc.? Find out exactly what the caterer can provide, and what you’ll need to provide yourself.
- Do you have experience catering events like this one? If you need a caterer for your three-day seminar, make sure the company you choose has some comparable experience.
- What about last minute requests? If you need to make a tweak to your meal service at the last minute, will your caterer be able to handle it?
- What’s included in the price? You should always ask about the cost per person, but also make sure you know what’s included in that price. Sometimes hidden costs—napkins, silverware, etc.—can sneak up on you.
- How is the delivery staff attired? Make sure your caterer sends its personnel dressed appropriately and professionally.
As you seek the right caterer for your corporate event, don’t hesitate to ask questions—and more than anything else, we recommend going with your gut. If you’re just not comfortable with a particular caterer, that’s a good reason to move on.
Mosteller Events provides catering options to fit any corporate event—and we’d love to tell you more about our services. Contact us today to start the conversation.