When you wake up on the morning of your wedding day, it’s perfectly natural to feel a little jittery; to feel exquisitely happy; to be bouncing off the walls with anticipation. More likely than not, you’ll experience all three emotions at the same time.
Try not to get too swept along by them, though—because there are a few things you should do to make it the best day it can be. By all means, enjoy the morning, and look forward to the big event—but also take a few minutes for these important steps.
What to Do to Kickstart Your Wedding Day
- Make sure you get enough sleep. Going to bed early the night before is ideal—and if you can avoid waking up at the crack of dawn, that’s nice too.
- Take your clothes out of their bag. Allow your dress some room to breathe.
- Eat breakfast. There’s a reason people call it the most important meal of the day. Aim for something light but energizing—fruit, a handful of nuts, a cup of coffee, some water.
- Work out. Whether it’s a jog, a stroll through the park, or some yoga, a good workout session will give you energy for the day—to say nothing of a sense of confidence!
- Grab a light snack before putting on your dress. Nobody wants to get married on an empty tummy.
- Make sure you have an emergency kit. Pack it the night before, but have it ready to go on the morning of.
- Take time to be pampered. If you’ve got the time for it, a wedding day mani/pedi or massage can really have a soothing effect.
- Take plenty of candids! Allow your bridesmaids to snap plenty of behind-the-scenes shots throughout the day. Appoint someone to take pictures so you don’t have to. That way, you can simply be in the moment.
- Make sure there’s a family member or bridesmaid who has all the vendor contact info. Just make sure you know who to call, should anything not go according to schedule.
- Don’t forget all your “getting ready” tasks! You’d be amazed how easy it is to forget something as basic as brushing your teeth or putting on deodorant.
Be intentional in how you spend your wedding morning. Plan a routine that will put you in the right headspace. And if you need more tips for planning your big day, check out our other posts here on the Mosteller Events blog!