When it comes to your wedding day, there’s no detail too small, no decision too insignificant to be left up to chance. The little things matter, and that includes all the decorating decisions you make for your reception space.
So, what can you do to make your reception area look as tasteful, as elegant, and as memorable as possible?
That ultimately hinges on your personal taste, and also on the nature of the facility you’re using. So there are no right or wrong answers here—but there are some suggestions we would make as you think about making the best use of your reception space.
A few of them:
- Think dimensionally. Long, narrow tables can be a little bit boring, but you can make them seem more dynamic by bringing some height to the table; use something like a candlestick or a vase to make the space feel more expansive.
- Consider shapes. Don’t feel like you’re restricted to standard round plates; instead, try to get plates that imitate the shape of your tables!
- Balance windows. If you’ve got a giant, oversized window you’re dealing with, offset it with a longer table—making the room feel intimate, not bare.
- Take a trio approach. If you’re working with smaller, round tables instead of banquet tables, remember that you don’t have to make every table the same. Come up with three different designs and alternate them, bringing some variety to your décor.
- Bring in color. Accent your room with celebratory colors wherever you can. Seat cushions are one place where you can make a splash.
- Consider your formality. Want more of a formal setting? Use floor length table cloths. If casual’s what you’re going for, though, exposed table space is ideal!
Of course, the list could go on and on—but to return to our original point, a lot of your decorating decisions will be based on the venue itself.
Get the planning started by finding an ideal reception space; start the process by touring Mosteller Mansion today!