We’ve blogged before about the importance of asking the right questions to your wedding catering company—ensuring you’ve picked the best caterer for you and making certain that everyone is on the same page. But of course, communication is a two-way street, and just as you should come prepared with questions to ask your caterer, you should also be ready to answer the questions your caterer will ask you.
In other words: Hiring the caterer probably shouldn’t be the very first thing you do in planning your wedding. Instead, you should get some of the basics in place before you even call the caterer—ensuring that when your caterer asks you some standard questions, you know what to say.
What Questions Should You Expect?
But what will your caterer ask you? Most of it is pretty common sense, but it’s still worth going down the list to make sure you know the answer. Some of the standard questions include:
- What’s the wedding date?
- What’s the venue? Has it already been reserved? Who is your contact person from the venue, and what do you know about the venue’s policies regarding external caterers?
- How many people do you plan to invite to your wedding?
- Who are your other vendors? Do you have any specific vendors booked at this point—music, photography, videography, flowers, cake, etc.?
- Have you selected your wedding colors yet?
- What size/shape tables were you hoping for—and does the venue have them already?
- What are your thoughts or wishes with regard to napkins, table clothes, chairs, centerpieces, glassware, silverware, etc.?
- Do you want alcoholic beverages to be served? If so, do you want the caterer to provide it?
- What’s your budget, per person?
- Do you have any family favorites or specific dishes you know you want to be included?
- What kind of service are you hoping for? Appetizers? A sit-down meal? A buffet? Something formal or something informal?
- Do you want water, lemonade, and tea to be provided?
- Will there be any children at the wedding?
- Are there any special dietary requests you need to have accommodated—Kosher, gluten-free, etc.?
Don’t be surprised when you get all of these questions and more—and don’t be hesitant to answer as honestly as you can! To start the conversation with one of our Mosteller caterers, give us a call today!